Sri Lankan kottu is a popular street food dish that is made with chopped roti (flatbread) and a variety of vegetables, meats, and spices. It is a staple of Sri Lankan cuisine and can be found at street food stalls and restaurants throughout the country.
To make Sri Lankan kottu, you will need:
- 2 cups of chopped roti
- 1 cup of diced vegetables (such as onions, bell peppers, and carrots)
- 1 cup of diced meat (such as chicken, lamb, or beef)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- To start, heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Then, add the diced vegetables and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until they are tender.
Next, add the diced meat and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Add the curry powder, cumin, chili flakes, and turmeric and stir to combine.
Once the vegetables and meat are cooked, add the chopped roti and stir to combine. Add the water and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the roti is fully cooked and the dish is heated through.
Sri Lankan kottu is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is perfect for a quick meal or snack. Serve it with a side of rice or enjoy it on its own for a tasty and authentic taste of Sri Lanka.